«We have learnt that everything went well,» Dortmund’s president Reinhard Rauball told broadcaster NTV.
The 26-year-old centre-back was hit by flying glass after three explosions shattered windows on the Dortmund team bus en route to Signal Iduna Park for Tuesday’s Champions League quarter-final, first-leg.
The match has been postponed until Wednesday at 1845 (1645 GMT), which Barta will miss, and German daily Bild claim he will be sidelined for the rest of the season.
The player’s father — Jose Bartra — says he has spoken to his son, who expects to leave hospital in a few days.
«We spoke yesterday after the operation and he told us he was fine,» Jose Bartra told Spanish media.
«The doctors had been through and said it was a clean break, that he didn’t have anything in his arm and that he would be in the hospital for a few days and then he would be released to go home.»
READ MORE: Injured Bayern star out of clash with Real